Genomic tests females
GenHotel bv offers breeders the possibility to test females on genomics in different countries. The biggest advantage of genomic testing is to find out what the genetic potential is of heifers at a young age.
Other advantages are:
- better possibilities to market your genetics
- the strong and weak points per animal will be known
- well considered matings are possible
- higher reliability (60% instead of 35% with not tested animals)
With genomics we can find inherited diseases earlier. The following "diseases” are published by Holstein USA (if animals are tested in the USA):
- Haplotypes Impacting Fertility (HH1, HH2, HH3, HH4, HH5, HH6)
- Coat Color
- Horned / Polled
- Beta Casein A/B
- Beta Lactoglobulin
- Kappa Casein
The animals can be tested in the following countries:
- In Germany the genomic test is € 100,- (and € 125,- incl. DNA test)
- The USA genomic test (EMD / VM2, ± 80K) is € 65,-.
It is also possible to genomic test the animals in France, Italy, England or Denmark.
The genomic result will be published according to the indexes of the country where the animals have been tested. Please contact Martijn, Boudewijn or René to discuss in which country the animals need to be tested.
Click here for the registration form.
After sending the neccesary material it will take 4 to 8 weeks before the genomic result is known.